Saturday, October 2, 2010

Horror-A-Day: Day Two

I liked this movie. I think that the Phantom of the Opera-esque story is pretty cool, and whole pins taped under eyes thing is really creepy. I was getting so mad at the main girl, though, because there were so many chances for her to just get away, but she just stands there being all damsel in distress. The murder scenes in this movie are really great-looking, especially the stage managers murder. That shot of the knife going through his jaw and seeing the tip of it in his mouth is amazing. There were some things about this movie that I found a little odd though. Like for starters, the use of 80's style metal music during the murders, and scenes where shes running. Call me old fashioned, but I like a normal horror movie score in the background. Also, I don't understand why the voices needed to be dubbed since they're all speaking English. I never would've noticed except that the guy playing the stage manager is the killer from Copycat, and that definitely was not his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment