Thursday, October 7, 2010

Horror-A-Day: Day Seven

I love haunted house movies. Haunted house movies are the ones that scared me the most when I was a kid, and still scare me to this day. Good examples are Poltergeist, The Amityville Horror, The Orphanage, The Devil's Backbone, The Others, The Haunting, and The Shining. I was told by my sister that this movie was really scary, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with her on that. This movie was basically an Amityville Horror rip-off. (They even have the "get out!") Its supposedly based on a true story, but thats probably not true just like Blair Witch Project and The Fourth Kind. Even if it is, its probably very, very loosely based like Texas Chainsaw Massacre (which was based on something in Wisconsin, without chainsaws). Some of the imagery in this movie was great looking, like when he finds all of those corpses stacked on top of eachother in that wall, and I love the look of the burned ghost kid. Anyways, the movie wasn't really scary at all, and the story's not that great.

These pictures don't really do it justice, but they are the only ones I can find of the burned ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment