Saturday, October 9, 2010

Horror-A-Day: Day Nine

I can't believe I have gone all 20 years of my life without seeing this movie. I thought it was just going to be some cheesy 80s vampire movie, and while that it completely true, it is also fantastic. I loved Chris Sarandon as the vampire next door. He could've gone way over the top with this, but he was cool and calm and also pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself. This movie is also a good example of why practical effects and make-up kick CGI's ass in horror movies. I loved the look of the vampire bat, and Amy looked terrifying when she went all vampire face. I'm interested in how they are going to update the story for the 2011 remake. Modern vampire movies are a lot different than how they used to be. One thing I have to say about the remake though is that they casted it perfectly. Anton Yelchin as Charley, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse as his annoying ass friend Evil are going to be great. And Colin Farrell as a sexy vampire? Yes please!


No comments:

Post a Comment