Friday, October 8, 2010

Horror-A-Day: Day Eight

This, my friends, is an example of what we would call a shitty movie. The killer is basically a Freddy Krueger rip-off (burn scars and bad jokes included), in a stupid-looking clown costume. They even steal the whole "killer taking revenge on kids because the parents burned him alive" thing from Nightmare On Elm Street. Oh, and by the way, the killer is a mascot for a fast food restaurant chain. I don't know what producers heard the concept for this film and decided to get it made, but they must have been smoking something very similar to what the film's characters were smoking. The CGI in this movie is also aweful. Unless theres some huge spaceship or something like that I don't understand why you need to use CGI in a horror film at all. I think its better to use practical effects, especially for wounds, blood, and guts, and that definitely would have been a lot better for this film. I always try to find a plus side to every shitty film, and the only one I could think of was that Leighton Meester looks great as Elvira.

No comments:

Post a Comment