Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Horror-A-Day: Day Twenty-Seven/ My Review Paranormal Activity 2

I'm not gonna lie, there were parts of this movie that scared the hell out of me. The part where the main girl is just sitting in her kitchen and all of cabinets pop open...yeesh! The mere fact that there is a baby involved makes this movie a little unnerving. However, it should be no surprise when I say that the first one was better. The first one was a lot more subtle and saved its big scare for the very end. I mean, when Micah was  thrown towards the camera my friends and I were screaming and jumping all over each other. Also I like the first one better because it just had the one camera, while this one has six or seven. So when the girl gets pulled across the floor in this one you see the entire process of her getting pulled out of her room and down the stairs and into the basement, and I think its scarier in the first when you just see Katie just get pulled out of the room and thats it. Also, the ending in this one was kind of blah... The part where the husband is in the basement and the only light with the night vision is scary, but after that the movie keeps going for a while. I don't really understand why they felt the need to connect the story with the first one so much. I mean, I understand that the main girl in this movie is Katie's sister, but they make it so that the events in this movie cause the events in the other movie, and then go on after a while and add what happens after the ending of the first movie when Katie killed Micah. I thought that that was a bit much story-wise. My rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment