Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So, yeah...I'm really excited for Sucker Punch....

Okay....so every year there is always one movie that I get really really excited for. Last year it was Alice in Wonderland. I was beyond excited for that movie. Everytime a new picture came on the internet I freaked out, and when the trailer finally came out it was like Christmas. The problem with this is that I hype up these movies so much in my mind, that they tend to disappoint when I actually see them in theaters. This was the case with Alice in Wonderland. While the 3D looked really cool, and the visuals were amazing, I wasn't really impressed with the overall movie. I thought that Johnny Depp would be perfect as the Mad Hatter, but he wasn't as great as I thought he would be. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the movie. My little sisters have it on DVD, and I watch it with them from time to time and enjoy it, too. I thought that Mia Wasikowska was a great choice for Alice and I loved the Cheshire Cat and the March Hare. I think it was because I had been hyping up the movie in my mind for over a year (since the moment I first read about it being made) that made it a disappointment for me.
I'm really hoping that is not going to be the case for Sucker Punch. From the moment I read about Zack Snyder making an all female action movie, I was hooked. I have loved all of Zack Snyder's past movies, and I'm a sucker for some kick ass film heroines. I was at first kind of irked with the change in casting because I thought that it would be great with Amanda Seyfried, Emma Stone, and Evan Rachel Wood. And even though I still think that Emma Stone would have been a much better choice than Jena Malone, I think that Malone, Emily Browning, and Jamie Chung are going to be great alongside Abbie Cornish and Vanessa Hudgens. When I first saw the trailer for this movie, I was amazed! It had to be one of the coolest trailers I had ever seen, and was only surpassed by the second trailer that gave a bit more of the plot. I mean damn! These chicks are fighting samurai, dragons, robots, and demon-looking army guys. How much cooler can it get?!? The visuals in this movie just look fantastic, and I'm definitely going to shell out some money to see this in IMAX if possible. I don't even know where the hell I can do that around here, but I'm going to try to find out! Interestingly enough, this movie isn't going to be in 3D like every other action movie, but from the looks of the trailer, it doesn't need to be in 3D for all of the special effects to look really impressive. It comes out two months from yesterday, and I am super excited!!! Mr. Snyder hasn't disappointed me with a movie yet, and I'm hoping Sucker Punch won't be any different! I even got super excited when I saw this little cut-out ad at the movie theater yesterday....



No comments:

Post a Comment