Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Review: The Fighter


Mark Wahlberg is effin sexy. Just thought that everyone should know... Anyways, this movie was really really good. It tells the story of boxer Micky Ward and his older brother Dicky. Dicky is sort of a town legend because he knocked out Sugar Ray Leonard, and is also Micky's trainer and a crack addict. This movie tells the tale of how Micky went from being a "stepping stone" to being welterweight champion of the world. While I'm not a particularly big fan of boxing, I always get really into boxing movies. When they are in the ring, and getting the crap kicked out of them, I always get stressed, and when they start winning, I always get really excited. During the first fight when he was getting his ass kicked, I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack, and at the end, I almost cried. Anyways, this movie has great performances from all of the leads, Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Melissa Leo. Bale and Leo totally deserved their Golden Globes, and I'm surprised that Wahlberg wasn't nominated, because I think that he did a great job too. And I'm not just saying that because I think that he is damn fine, which I do...because he is. Well anyways, if I saw this movie when it was still 2010, this definitely would have made it in my top ten of 2010 list because it is a really great movie with really great performances, and is definitely a film I would recommend. My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment