Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Character of the Week: Brodie Bruce

This week's character of the week is Brodie from the movie Mallrats. I've never been a fan of the Jeremy London (or Jason London for that matter) and I can't stand Claire Forlani's voice, so even though those two aren't really my favorite actors in the world, I still really like this movie. Half of the reason is that this movie has such great dialogue, and the other half is Jason Lee as Brodie. Jason Lee is so effortlessly funny, and that is really showcased in his movies directed by Kevin Smith. I loved him in Chasing Amy, and I really love him in Mallrats as the comic book collecting, video game obsessed guy who has just been dumped by his girlfriend. I love every minute he is on screen from him yelling about a little kid on the escalator to his discussion with comic book legend Stan Lee about superhero genitalia. Some of the best quotes in the movie are said by him and the character of Brodie is what really makes this movie great.




No comments:

Post a Comment