Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Character of the Week: Austin Powers


This week's character of the week is everyone's favorite International Man of Mystery: Austin "Danger" Powers. The three Austin Powers movies are, in my opinion, some of the funniest movies of all time. No matter how many times I've seen the first one, it still manages to make me laugh and I always discover something new thats funny. Like, for example I noticed a little a while ago that when he is talking to Vanessa about her mom he says, "But unfortunately, that train has sailed...." I've seen that movie a million times before that and never noticed it, so I just busted out laughing. My all-time favorite Austin Powers line has got to be when he's in the hot tub with Alotta Fagina after he farts. She says "How dare you break wind before me?" and he replies with "Sorry, baby, I didn't know it was your turn." Brilliant! Mike Myers is a comedic genius in my opinion. While I have never seen The Love Guru, and didn't think that The Cat in the Hat was that great, I love Austin Powers and Wayne's World. Here is another one of my favorite lines from Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment