Monday, January 3, 2011

Just Finished Reading: Hell and Back

I'm in the middle of reading Geek Love by Katherine Dunn, and while I find the story interesting, I'm having trouble getting into the book. I haven't even really been reading it at all. So, I decided to read one of the books I got for Christmas, and I decided on the one that would take me no time at all. I've read all of the other Sin City books, and now I'm all done with the series. Hell and Back is probably my least favorite of the series, but I still really liked it. It doesn't really have any of the major characters from the other books, but is instead about this guy named Wallace who is looking for a kidnapped woman named Esther, who in classic Sin City fashion, he falls for and plans to rescue even though he barely knows her. On the way he meets a few femme fatales, gets shot a few times, and also gets drugged.
The part where he gets drugged is probably my favorite. He starts out in a world full of dinosaurs, then a world with big-titted naked fairies where the dead little girl in his trunk is replaced by a Raggedy Ann doll. He sees other things like a Dr. Seuss world, Rambo, Clint Eastwood, Hellboy, and Santa Claus. Every panel of the whole drug trip was really cool. If I were to recommend just one Sin City book to you it would be A Dame To Kill For, but if you plan to read them all you won't be disappointed with this one either...

No comments:

Post a Comment