Monday, January 3, 2011

Scariest Toys

Since I was a little kid, one thing that has really freaked me out in movies/ tv shows/ books was the concept of killer toys. Here is my list of the toys that freaked me out the most.

10. Susan from Are You Afraid of the Dark?
When I was in elementary school one of my favorite shows was Nickelodeon's Are You Afraid of the Dark and my favorite episode was called The Tale of the Doll Maker. There wasn't a particular doll in the story that freaked me out, but I was freaked out by the story itself. The story was about a young girl who stays with a relative for the summer and finds out that her summer friend Susan is missing. She soon finds out that Susan is trapped in this dollhouse where she is slowly turning into a doll. Here is the first part of the episode...



9. Billy, and the rest of the dolls from Dead Silence
While Dead Silence wasn't the greatest movie in the world, it did have some scary ass dolls. Towards the end of the movie when they are in the room with all of the dolls it totally gave me the heebie jeebies.



8. Slappy from Goosebumps
From 3rd grade to 5th grade my favorite books were R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series. My favorites were the Night of the Living Dummy series which were about a killer dummy named Slappy. My favorite book, which was also my favorite episode of the Goosebumps TV series was Bride of the Living Dummy. While I haven't read that book in probably about 10 years, there is one part I remember because it really freaked me out when I was little. It was a part in the book where Slappy just grabbed this little girls arm and would not let go even though she was screaming... Yeesh...



7. Sid's Toys from Toy Story
If the thought of toys coming to life when you leave the room isn't freaky enough already, the thought of these mutant toys doing it is just that much scarier. The part where you first see them is pretty spooky, but the part that always freaked me out was after you find out that they are good toys and they are trying to save Buzz. I mean, those brown zombie toys coming out of the mud! SCARY AS HELL!



6. Gooey Gus from Ghostwriter
Another show that I used to watch as a kid was this show called Ghost Writer. On the episode called Attack of the Slime Monster there was this creature called Gooey Gus who used to scare the hell out of me when I was little. You can find the whole episode on Youtube, but heres a fake trailer that someone made with Gooey Gus and Slappy from Goosebumps. It uses the audio from The Dark Knight, and I thought it was funny...



5. Dolls from Barbarella
Barbarella is a campy sci fi movie that has no horror elements in the overall storyline, but there is a random part in the movie that gives me the heebie jeebies. These little girls tie Barbarella up to a pole and she gets attacked by these little mechanical dolls with sharp metal teeth. It was nothing at all to do with the rest of the story, but is one of the more interesting parts of the movie...



4. Jigsaw from Saw
I'm not even sure if this little puppet guy is even called Jigsaw, but whatever. The Saw movies keep getting worse and worse with each movie, which makes people forget how great the first one was. With all of the traps and devices, the scariest part of Saw was probably right after Amanda gets out of her trap and this scary ass puppet comes into the room on a tricycle.



3. Talky Tina from The Twilight Zone
"My name is Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you." Hands down my favorite episode of The Twilight Zone. Basically all they have to do to make this doll scary is shoot it from the angle that it shows in the picture and have its eyes open. I watched this episode like two days ago and it still freaks me out. At no point do you see her walk or move her lips or do anything out of the ordinary. All she does is talk and yet she was scaring me and my 9-year old sisters. Here's part one of the full episode entitled The Living Doll



2. Chucky from Child's Play
I remember when I was a little kid, the VHS for this movie was at my Grandma's house, and whenever I was in the same room with it I always made sure it was facing away from me. I've probably seen Child's Play, and the fourth movie Bride of Chucky, like a million times since I was little, but they still kind of freak me out. I mean, Chucky is scary enough as a normal Good Guy doll, but when you add Brad Dourif's voice and a knife...that's enough to give several children nightmares....



1. Clown from Poltergeist
Just the shot of the clown sitting on the chair is enough to make me pee my pants. Clowns are scary enough without making them move and attack children. I'm sure tons of people would agree with me when I say that the clown scene in Poltergeist is one of the scariest movie scenes of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment