Saturday, October 1, 2011

Spotlight On: Rob Zombie

This week's spotlight is on Rob Zombie, who is not only one of my favorite musicians, but one of my favorite horror movie directors as well. I was fortunate enough to see him live with Ozzy Osbourne on Halloween in 2008, which was one of the coolest Halloweens ever! Me, my sister, her boyfriend, and my friend Kiana all went to the show dressed in our costumes. Basically everybody else did too, so the room was filled with these awesome costumes, and it was just great. Here are some of my favorite Rob Zombie songs.

White Zombie







Rob Zombie

btw...Living Dead Girl is one of my all-time favorite songs and all-time favorite videos...and it's my ringtone...







yeah...Clockwork Orange!






Rob also makes some of the most interesting horror films. While I'm not a fan of all of his films, the ones that I do like, I LOVE!

House of 1000 Corpses
While a lot of people prefer the sequel, I actually like House of 1000 Corpses better. It is uber creepy, and just oozes horror! It is a movie that I always watch around Halloween and is just filled with moments that I love.
Click HERE for the Murder Ride scene
Click HERE for the I Wanna Be Loved By You scene (love it!!!)
Click HERE for the Dr. Satan scene.


The Devil's Rejects
One of the best horror sequels ever! While the are some changes (difference casting for Mama Firefly, Otis is no longer an albino) they are forgivable because this movie rules! Here are some of my favorite scenes.
Click HERE for a Captain Spaulding scene
Click HERE for the scene with girl with the flesh mask


Halloween
While not the best horror remake in the world, Rob Zombie's Halloween does have its good points. For example, I love the casting of Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis and Brad Dourif as the Sheriff. They are two of my favorite actors, and I love that they're in this. My main complaint about this movie is that there is waaaay too much back story. In the original they just have POV shots of young Michael for about a minute or two, and that is really all you need. Rob gets way too carried away with the young Michael Myers story! Also, I hate the rape scene in the unrated version. I have it on DVD and I always have to fast forward. It is just an ugly scene, that really doesn't need to be in the movie at all. If a rape scene is central to the plot like in Last House on the Left, then I understand, but this movie really didn't need one.



Werewolf Women of the SS
This is my favorite of the fake trailers made for the Tarantino/ Rodriguez Grindhouse double feature. THIS is the one that should've been made into a movie instead of Machete.



Upcoming: he is currently working on a movie called Lords of Salem, which is about witches. It should be coming out sometime next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment