Thursday, October 20, 2011

Horror-A-Day: Day Nineteen

I actually found this movie pretty interesting. It is about a man named Jamie (played by Jim Sturgess) who is depressed and really self conscious about his face. This is because he has a large heart shaped birthmark that covers a good portion of his face as well as his arm. He starts to notice this gang of people with demon faces (although they look more like lizards to me). After they kill his mom, he meets a man called Papa B, who I am assuming is supposed to be the devil. Papa B says that he will get rid of his birthmark in exchange for him spreading a little chaos. Jamie agrees, thinking that he will only have to do graffiti. So, Papa B sets Jamie on fire and the next morning he wakes up and peels his burned skin off, revealing a markless face. So, with his new face he finally gets enough confidence to talk to this pretty model/ delivery girl that he had been crushing on. He eventually finds out that it is not graffiti that Papa B wants. Instead, he wants Jamie to cut the heart out of someone and place it on the steps of a church by midnight. It is extremely hard for him, but he does it, and by the next day he seems to get over it just fine. I won't spoil the ending of the movie, but I'll say that I'm kind of iffy about it. I normally HATE this kind of ending because I think that it is taking the easy way out, but for this movie I think that it sort of works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment