Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Horror-A-Day: Day Twenty Four

I like Kevin Smith movies. I loved Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Dogma so I was really curious about whether or not his horror film would be good. Here is my biggest issue with this movie: it is really not a horror film. At all. It starts out with a horror-esque plot. Three horny boys hoping to have sex end up getting held hostage by some crazy religious group. The horror in this horror movie really ends there. This movie is more a commentary on religious fanatics and also on the government. There really are no good guys in this movie because both sides are bad. You have the religious people who plan to kill these three boys, and then you have the government people who plan to kill all of them, including the children. You really don't want to take sides with either of them. Anyways, people are getting shot in this movie left and right at really unexpected moments. I really didn't care for this story at all, but I thought that it had good performances by Michael Parks and John Goodman.

No comments:

Post a Comment