Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Favorite Vampires

Here is a list of my 15 favorite vampires from film and TV.

15. Santanico Pandemonium
Santanico Pandemonium is an exotic dancer/ vampire played by Salma Hayek in From Dusk Til Dawn. After doing a very sexy dance for all of the men in the Titty Twister bar, she transforms into a vampire beast and kills Quentin Tarantino. Here is her death scene...



14. Jesus Gris

Jesus is an old man who becomes a vampire after being punctured by the Cronos device in Guillermo Del Toro's film Cronos. We see Jesus becoming obsessed with using the bug-like device and with the concept of eternal life.



13. Drusilla
Drusilla is one of my favorite characters on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so it is pretty disappointing that she is only a series regular in season 2. I always loved her because she was batshit crazy, and I think that her and Spike have the most interesting backstories. I'm pissed that I can't find any good clips of her speaking on Youtube, but I found this cool video.



12. Pam Swynford De Beaufort

While she started out as a minor character, I'm glad that we are seeing more and more of Pam each season of True Blood. She is Eric Northman's right hand woman and has the greatest speaking voice. Here are some of my favorite Pam moments.




11. Dracula's Brides
from Bram Stoker's Dracula
from Van Helsing
When you have a movie about Dracula, you have to have his three beautiful vampire brides. While the ones in Bram Stoker's Dracula are mostly there for eye candy, I love the ones in Van Helsing. Here is a cool video I found that features both sets of brides.



10. Selene
Underworld is basically just about Kate Beckinsale in tight leather outfits kicking ass and taking names. I have only seen this first one, but the trailer for the new one actually looks really cool, so I'm going to have to check out Underworld: Evolution and Rise of the Lycans.



9. David
The Lost Boys is a classic 80s vampire movie. What makes it even better is Kiefer Sutherland as David, the head of a vampire gang!



8. Spike
Spike is my favorite vampire on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've never been a big fan of Angel, but I always liked Spike. I didn't really start watching this show until after it was off the air, so I had no idea that he wasn't in the first season, and was in like one episode of season 3. Here is one of my favorite Spike moments. I don't know why, but it always makes me laugh...


7. Jerry Dandridge
Fright Night (1985)
Fright Night (2011)
Jerry is the vampire next door played by Chris Sarandon in Fright Night and by Colin Farrell in the remake. He is a vamp who messes with his next door neighbor Charley, turns his best friend into a vampire, and uses his vampiric powers of seduction to kidnap his girlfriend, and then turn her as well. I really love the original Fright Night, so I was annoyed when I read it was getting remade, but I actually liked the remake as well. Colin Farrell is one very sexy vampire...


6. Claudia
I read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles books when I was in Junior High, and I really loved the character of Claudia. Although she is more interesting in the books in my opinion, I love Kirsten Dunst as Claudia in Interview With a Vampire. She is a bit too old, but I think that they made the right choice in choosing an actress older than the character.




5. Nosferatu
Although technically Nosferatu is a rip-off of Dracula, I am going to count him as his own character. Nosferatu is one of my favorite silent films, and is filled with really cool imagery including the famous sequence of him going up the stairs. He also just has a really great look. His pointy ears and long skinny fingers. His also has the creepiest fangs.


4. Dracula

Although I am not a huge fan of Bram Stoker's novel, I have always liked Dracula on film. The best two movie Dracula's in my opinion are Bela Lugosi and Gary Oldman.



3. Eli/ Abby

I still have not read this book, but Let the Right One In is one of the best vampire movies ever made. Eli is a little vampire girl (or boy?) who makes friends with a boy named Oskar. In the remake they are renamed Abby and Owen. The remake is nowhere near as good as the original, but it is still a pretty good movie.




2. Lestat De Lioncourt

I wasn't a big fan of Stuart Townsend's performance as Lestat in Queen of the Damned, but I loved Tom Cruise in Interview with a Vampire. It is my favorite of any of Tom Cruise's roles. He makes a very charming and dashing vampire, but can also be quite evil.




1. Eric Northman
Number one on my list is the sexy Viking vampire from my favorite show True Blood. He is Sheriff of Area 5 in Louisiana and owner of the vampire bar Fangtasia. While his role was very small in the first season, we see more and more of him each season. He is so sexy and tall and vicious and awesome and is by far my favorite character on the show. Here are some of my favorite Eric moments. I cannot wait until season 5!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment