Thursday, October 27, 2011

Horror-A-Day: Day Twenty Six

I spent all of last night and some of this morning writing a paper on this movie, so I am just sick of it already even though I have only seen it once. I was writing a paper on supernatural depictions of Native Americans in film and I started writing it about Wolfen, then about Wolfen and this movie, but I realized that I had a lot more to say on this film. I love the original Ginger Snaps, and this is a sort of prequel to it. It is about the ancestors or Ginger and Brigitte in the 19th century, who are also named Ginger and Brigitte. It is a werewolf origin story and explains how werewolves came to Canada from the white settlers. It features handsome Native actor Nathaniel Archand as a guy called Hunter who helps the girls out. To me, this movie moved really slowly and didn't get good until the ending. I loved the part where Ginger lets all of the werewolves into the Trading Post...that was realyl cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment