Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Review: The Descendants/ Best Picture Nominee #4

What a horrible time to find out that your wife is cheating on you. Well, I suppose there is no good time, but the worst possible time would probably be when she is in a coma and you're about to let her go. I just couldn't help but feel horrible for George Clooney's character in this movie. First he's dealing with the fact that his wife is in a coma, then he finds out that she'll never wake up, then his daughter drops this huge bomb on him by telling him that his wife was having an affair. So this movie is about him and his daughter trying to find out who this guy is, while also breaking the horrible news of his wife's impending death to their friends and family. I couldn't help but laugh when we find out that she was cheating on him with Matthew Lillard. How could someone cheat on George Clooney with Matthew Lillard? Anyways, what I love about George Clooney is that he can both be funny and charming, but also do really dramatic roles. His performance in this movie was just heartbreaking for me. During the scene when his daughter first tells him I just felt aweful, and it was the same when he was confronting his comatose wife. The only thing that really bugged me about this movie was that Sid guy. I didn't understand what Alex saw in him at all. He was just this big idiot. I wanted to punch him in the face when he was laughing at the woman with Alzheimers, so I'm glad that the other guy did. I didn't like this movie as much as the other three Best Picture nominees that I have seen, but I think that is still really good and has a great performance by Clooney. My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment