Saturday, February 25, 2012

Character of the Week: Lisbeth Salander

Lisbeth Salander is a computer hacker with a troubled past and a photographic memory. I loved the Millenium Trilogy and am really upset that Steig Larsson is dead and can't write anymore novels featuring Miss Salander. My favorite book in the series is the first one, where Lisbeth becomes a research assistant to a journalist who is trying to solve a really old murder case. I know that everyone is crazy about Noomi Rapace and the Swedish films and was really annoyed by the American remake, but I actually liked David Fincher's version better. I loved Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth and think that she was great, but I really didn't think that the Swedish films were that great. The first one was good, but the film version of The Girl Who Played With Fire was actually kind of boring to me. I knew that the American version would be great with Fincher directing and with Daniel Craig and Christopher Plummer. What I was really curious to see was Rooney Mara as Lisbeth, and she was GREAT! My favorite moment in the whole film:

She really looked the part, and really just became Lisbeth Salander. I am really looking forward to the next two films (which will hopefully also be directed by David Fincher).

And just because I love this so much:

No comments:

Post a Comment