Monday, February 6, 2012

My Review: The Woman in Black

The horror movies that have freaked me out the most have always been ghost stories. Whenever the screen gets really dark my eyes are always scanning the screen because I just know that something is going to move. Also, it is always the anticipation of something happening that gives me the heebie jeebies. The Woman in Black was a really eerie ghost story. It is about a widower with a young son who has to travel to this spooky old house to go through a bunch of legal papers. Once he gets in town, he doesn't get much of a warm welcome from the locals who all tell him to leave. Once at the house he starts seeing glimpses of a woman in black. Then, children start to die. Because her child was taken away from her, the woman in black forces children around town to kill themselves. So, Daniel Radcliffe's character tries to solve this problem before his son comes to meet him. There were several times where I was getting a little spooked watching this movie. It is filled with dark lighting, porcelean dolls, ghost children, and creepy monkey toys. (I swear those are the same hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil monkeys from The Artist). I ended up really liking this movie. While this movie wasn't scary, it was definitely spooky and was an interesting story. My review: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment