Monday, November 28, 2011

Spotlight On: Zooey Deschanel

This spotlight is on actress/ singer Zooey Deschanel. She is known for her big blue eyes, her quirky film roles, and her singing voice (which she showcases in a lot of her films). She is the She in the indie group She & Him is is now on one of my favorite new shoes, New Girl. Here are some of my favorite roles of hers.

Almost Famous
In this film she plays Rita, the older sister of the film's protagonist. She is a rebellious girl who leaves home to become a stewardess after not being able to take her mom's rules anymore.


Manic
Manic is a pretty intense film about a group of teenagers at a psych ward. She plays Tracy, a girl whose mom treats her like crap and who is often up at nights screaming in her room.



The New Guy
This movie is actually pretty stupid, and only worth watching for the scenes where Zooey sings.



Elf
Normally I think that Christmas movies are totally corny, but I think that this is a really cute movie. Zooey plays Jovie, a department store elf who is the love interest for Will Farrell's character. It is also another movie (out of several) where she shows off her singing voice.



The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Here she plays Trillian, a girl who was taken aboard a spaceship right before her planet was destroyed. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is on my list of books that I want to read...



Yes Man
I only saw this movie once, when I saw it in theatres, and the only part that I remember is Zooey's fake band singing "Uh Huh." I actually downloaded that song after I saw this movie. You can find the video for it HERE

(500) Days of Summer
I LOVE this movie!!! I think that Zooey and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are so cute together, I love that it doesn't have your typical romcom ending, and I LOVE all of Zooey's clothes in this movie.



Your Highness

Didn't really care for this movie as a whole, but Zooey was in my favorite scene from the whole movie where Leezar pretends to be James Franco.



New Girl
New Girl is one of my favorite New Shows this season. I love Zooey as Jess, the adorkable girl who moves in with three guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment