Saturday, November 5, 2011

Spotlight On: Christian Bale

This week's spotlight is on one of my favorite actors, Christian Bale. He is an actor who has appeared in two of my favorite film franchises, Batman and Terminator. He is also very dedicated to his roles and has lost a lot of weight for several roles and has gained a lot of muscle for others. I have never seen The Machinist, but I have seen photos of Bale in that role, and it is just eery how much weight he lost for that movie. Anyways, he is a very talented actor, and here are some of my favorite roles of his.

Little Women
Little Women is still on my list of books I need to read, but I love this movie. One of the best things about it is Bale as Laurie and his relationship with Winona Ryder as Jo. It just breaks my heart everytime she rejects his marriage proposal.



Pocahontas
I added this one just because I think it is hilarious that Bale voiced Thomas in Disney's Pocahontas.



A Midsummer Night's Dream
Here he is in the film version of Shakespeare's famous play. He plays Demetrius, a man who is under a love spell and falls in love with Calista Flockhart's character.



American Psycho
My absolute favorite role of his, I love Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman. He is just this total yuppie rich guy who has to have the best everything and hates it when someone has stuff that is better than his. Oh yeah, and he is also a crazy psycho murderer...or is he?
Here are some of my favorite scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwicLgOGJOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqJsycuqILM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXRVq_1EYg

Batman Begins/ The Dark Knight

Here Bale plays one of the most well-known superheros of all time. What makes Batman different from other superheros is that he doesn't have any powers. What he does have is a lot of money, a cool car, a batsuit, and a utility belt.



Terminator Salvation
Here he plays sci-fi hero John Connor, the man who is prophesized to lead the resistance against the machines. While not the best Terminator movie, I still really liked it and am looking forward to another one!!!



The Fighter
This is the movie that Bale won his Oscar for. He plays Dickie Eklund, a former boxer and crackhead whose younger brother is getting his chance to be great. I thought that Bale was brilliant in this film, and think that he really deserved his Oscar.




Upcoming: I am super excited to see Bale in the remake of Oldboy. I loved the original, so naturally I was pissed about a remake. But with Josh Brolin confirmed to be in it and Bale rumored to be in it, it should be great. What I am REALLY excited to see, however, is The Dark Knight Rises, which will be the last time he will be playing Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment