Saturday, November 19, 2011

Spotlight On: Charlize Theron

This week's spotlight is one the beautiful and talented actress, Charlize Theron. I love Charlize Theron because even though is is absolutely gorgeous, she takes such interesting and challenging roles that require more than a pretty face. She has three upcoming projects that I am really REALLY excited about and I look forward to more from her in the future. Here are some of my favorite roles of hers as well as a look at some upcoming projects.

Mighty Joe Young
I used to love this movie when I was a kid. Theron plays a girl who lives in the jungle and takes care of a giant gorilla named Joe. I haven't seen this movie in FOREVER, but it used to be one of my favorites.



Monster
I actually have not seen this entire movie, but I have seen enough pf it to understand why Theron won her Oscar. She is completely unrecognizable as Aileen Wuornos, a prostitute turned serial killer. She gained weight and then had a lot of make-up put on her to transform her from beautiful to what you see above.



North Country

She followed her Oscar win with another amazing performance in North Country.  She plays a woman who tries to get a sexual harrassment lawsuit against the mine where she works. This is a movie where I actually cried because I was getting so pissed off!!! Whats worse is that this movie is based on a true story.



Aeon Flux
While not the best movie in the world, I did find the whole clone plot really interesting, and Charlize does look really cool in this movie!



Arrested Development
I loved when Theron was on this show! She played Rita, a British woman who Michael had a crush on. We eventually find out that she is Mr. F...or actually a MRF. (Mentally Retarted Female)



The Road
In this postapocalyptic movie she plays Viggo Mortensen's wife who ends up leaving him and her child after the world goes to shit. She isn't in the movie for very long, but she is still great in her small role.



Upcoming Movies!
Like I said before she has three upcoming movies that I am really excited for!

Young Adult
In Young Adult she plays a girl who was really popular in high school and returns to her hometown to get back together with her ex. Except he is married...This movie looks really funny and Mavis looks like a really cool role for Theron.



Snow White and the Huntsman
What perfect casting! I think that she looks amazing as the Evil Queen and I am looking forward to seeing her evil side!



Prometheus
don't know who is in this picture...
THIS is a movie that I am REALLY looking forward to. It starts Theron, Noomi Rapace, AND Michael Fassbender. What could be better than that? Oh yeah, the fact that it is some how connected to the Alien movies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment