Monday, November 14, 2011

Spotlight On: Alan Tudyk

This week's spotlight is on one of my favorite character actors, Alan Tudyk. He was in one of my favorite TV shows and is always great in everything that he is in. If I see his name attached to a movie, there is a really good chance that I will go see it. Here are some of my favorite of his roles.

A Knight's Tale

Here Tudyk has a supporting role as one of Heath Ledgers friends who are helping him become a knight. He has what is probably the most memorable line in the whole movie...



Firefly/ Serenity
In the short-lived TV series Firefly and its movie version Serenity, Tudyk plays Hoban "Wash" Washburne, the pilot of Serenity. He is one of my favorite characters on the show, and I am still PISSED that they killed him off at the end of the movie! WTF!?!?! Theres this huge thing where people want Nathan Fillion to buy the rights to Firefly so that it can be back on the air, and while that would be kind of cool I am hesitant about it. For starters, what if it comes back and it sucks!?! The last thing I want would be for one of my favorite shows to be ruined. Secondly, how the hell can they have Firefly without Wash??!?!?!? They can't!!!!! Unless they resurrect him or something, then I don't see any point in bringing back the show.






Dodgeball
In Dodgeball, Tudyk plays Steve, a man who thinks that he is a pirate. I don't know about y'all, but I think that it is so sad when Vince Vaughn pretty much destroys his entire world and tells him that he is not a pirate.




I Robot
In I Robot, Tudyk plays Sonny, a robot who is a suspect in a murder case even though robots are believed to be unable to harm humans.



Death at a Funeral
Here Tudyk plays a man who is high off his ass for his fiance's uncle's funeral. This is because he took what he thought was valium, but instead turned out to be a hallucinogenic drug. I just watched this movie for the first time a few days ago, and I was laughing my ass off the whole time!




Knocked Up
Here he plays Katherine Heigl's boss at E! He has pretty small role, but the scenes with him and Kristen Wiig are some of my favorites in the movie.



Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
I loved this movie! Tudyk plays Tucker, one of the men who a group of college kids believe to be a murderer. I loved this movie because it is making fun of all of these horror films where people are getting murdered by hicks such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre.



Upcoming: I am super excited to see Tudyk in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. How could you not want to see a movie with a title like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment