Monday, September 26, 2011

Spotlight On: Christina Ricci

This spotlight is on Christina Ricci, who is an actress that I have loved since I was a little kid. I grew up watching her movies and basically loved everything that she was in, especially the Addam's family movies. I remember this one Halloween I was really excited about my Wednesday Addam's costume and I was PISSED because noone knew who I was supposed to be! Stupid people... Anyways, here are the roles that I loved her in as a kid (and still love), as well as my favorites of her more recent roles.

Mermaids
I watched this movie a million or so times when I was little, and I always loved Ricci as Cher's youngest daughter, and younger sister to Winona Ryder. She plays Kate Flax, a little girl who wants to grow up to be an Olympic swimmer. Although I absolutely loved this movie, the one thing that I remember the most was Cher's music video to The Shoop Shoop Shoop Song that went with it that featured both Winona and a very adorable little Christina Ricci.



The Addam's Family/ The Addam's Family Values

I LOVE WEDNESDAY ADDAMS! The Addam's Family and The Addam's Family Values were two of my favorites when I was a kid, and of course Wednesday was my favorite character. She had the best lines, and the best moments of those movies were the parts where she was onscreen. Favorites: the sword fight between her and Pugsley, forcing a smile at camp, basically anything she says...



Casper
Another one of my favorites that I watched a million times as a kid. I was obsessed with Halloween when I was a kid (and still am..), so how could I have not loved this movie? Not only did I love Christina Ricci, but I also had a huge crush on Devon Sawa when I was a kid, so my favorite scene was when Casper turned human and went to the Halloween party and danced with Ricci.



Now and Then

This is a really cute movie that also featured other young actresses I liked as a kid (Thora Birch and Gaby Hoffman).



Buffalo '66
I didn't really care for this movie because I CAN'T STAND Vincent Gallo, but I did love the scene where she tap dances in the bowling alley. You can watch that scene HERE

Sleepy Hollow

This movie features Ricci at her loveliest. She plays Katrina Van Tassell, a girl who lives in a village that is tormented by the Headless Horseman. I must also say that Christina Ricci has one of the best movie screams ever. Here's a cute little video I found...



Pumpkin

This is a sort of dark comedy about a sorority girl who falls in love with a mentally challenged guy. It's kind of a weird movie, but I was watching it on IFC one day and I have to admit that it is kind of cute. It is definitely not your typical romantic comedy...


Monster
This movie is mostly remembered for Charlize Theron's Oscar winning role as a serial killer, but it also features a great performance by Christina Ricci as her lesbian lover.



Cursed
This is probably the cheesiest werewolf movie ever, but that's kind of why I like it. Ricci plays a girl who, along with her brother, is turning into a lycanthrope.



Black Snake Moan
In this movie, Ricci plays a sex addict who is chained to a radiator by Samuel L. Jackson, who plans to teach her a lesson.



Penelope
Here Ricci plays a girl who is cursed with a big pig nose. In order to break the spell she needs to find true love, and she finds it (spoiler alert...) with the adorable James McAvoy.



Upcoming: Now she has her own show called Pan Am on AMC. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks interesting. She also has some movies coming up called Bel Ami and War Flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment