Friday, September 9, 2011

My Review: Warrior


This movie starts out a little slowly, and just lets us get to know the characters a bit. Tommy and Brendan are brothers who are both MMA fighters. They don't have a good relationship with eachother or with their father because their father was a drunk and their mother died after she left their father. Tommy went with his mother and Brendan stayed with his father, so at the time the movie begins they haven't seen each other in a while.  They go to different gyms and have different trainers, and they both end up in a MMA tournament called Sparta. Brendon is a high school teacher with a wife and kids who enters the tournament because he needs the money so save his house. Tommy is a former marine who we find out saved the lives of a bunch of fellow soldiers. He wants the money so that he can send it to the widow of one of his fellow marines. Like I said before, the movie starts out a little slowly, but it really gets going once Sparta starts. All of the fight scenes in this movie were really cool. Tommy's fights go by really quickly because he just knocks them out right away then leaves the cage. The best ones to watch were Brendon's fights. I'm not going to lie, I actually cried after he won one of them. So anyways, the movie ends up with Tommy and Brendon in the last round of the tournament together. What makes this different from most fighter movies is that it has two protagonists instead of one. I really couln't decide who I wanted to win. I really wanted both of them to win, so during the last fight scene I was just a wreck. I was sitting there with the fists over my mouth all bug-eyed...it probably didn't look very cute. What can I say though, I love fighter movies! I ended up liking this movie even though there were parts where I was getting a little bored during the beginning, and I loved the ending shot of the two of them walking out together. I loved both Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton as the fighters, and Nick Nolte was good as their drunken dad. My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment