Wednesday, September 7, 2011

10 Worst Star Wars Lines


Being a huge Star Wars fan, there are tons of lines from Star Wars that I absolutely love. (Most of which are said by that handsome scoundrel Han Solo...) Some classic examples would be "Laugh it up, fuzzball" or "Who's scruffy looking?" along with classics like "May the force be with you" or "Never tell me the odds!" But since I have seen all six Star Wars films like a million times, I have to admit that there are some lines that are like nails on a chalkboard to me. It should come as no surprise that most of them are from the prequel trilogy.

10.
"Luke run away...far away. If he can sense your presence here then leave this place!"
Who says it: Leia in Return of the Jedi when they are on Endor. She is trying to convince Luke not to confront Vader.
Why I hate it: It isn't a terrible line, I just hate the way she says it.

9.
"Somebody has to save our skins!"
Who says it: Leia in A New Hope, before they jump in the garbage room.
Why I hate it: I don't know why, but it has always bothered me...



8.
"It's not my fault!"
Who says it: Lando in Empire Strikes Back, when they realize that the hyperdrive isn't fixed.
Why I hate it: Lando is being a whiny bitch



7.
"NOOOOOOOOO!"
Who says it: Anakin when he becomes Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith....right after they tell him he killed Padme
Why I hate it: CORNY AS HELL! Plus, it is just a waste of James Earl Jones's voice.



6.
"You're so beautiful..."
 "It's only because I'm so in love."
"No...it's because I'm so in love with you."
"So love has blinded you?"
Who says it: Padme and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith
Why I hate it: the Star Wars movies aren't really great with romantic dialogue, but this is just terrible. I'll take "I love you" "I know" any day...

5.
"Power!!!! Unlimited POWER!!!!!"
Who says it: Darth Sidious when he is killing Mace Windu in Revenge of the Sith
Why I hate it: If there was a cartoon of me watching this scene, you would see a big question mark pop over my head when he says this. WTF? It is just plain bad.



4.
"Anakin...you're breaking my heart!"
Who says it: Padme when she realizes that Anakin is going all Sith Lord
Why I hate it: I love Natalie Portman, but this one line is probably the worst thing that she has ever done.



3.
Anything said by Jar Jar Binks
Who says it: Um...duh
Why I hate it: As the Comic Book Guy would say..."Worst. Character. Ever."

2.
"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count!"
Who says it: Anakin when he's about to fight Dooku again...
Why I hate it: Hayden Christensen is just terrible in this movie, and he's being all cocky. It's in the video at about 1:16.



1.
"I sense it too!"
Who says it: Obi-Wan in Attack of the Clones. It is the part when they are there to protect Padme and the little creepy crawly bug things are put in her room to kill her. Anakin is talking and suddenly stops mid-sentence because he senses something happening in Padme's room and that is when Obi-Wan says this absolutely aweful line! I literally have to fast forward over this part because it is like nails on a chalkboard. Bad bad bad!
Why I hate it: I pretty much said why above, but I'll continue here. It is so CORNY!!! Plus I just hate the way he says it. Ugh.... Its in the video at about 13:33

No comments:

Post a Comment