Friday, September 9, 2011

Spotlight On: Chris Sarandon


This week's spotlight is on the original Jerry Dandrige, Mr. Chris Sarandon. He was in some of my favorite movies of the 80s and was a really handsome guy when he was young. Although I have only seen a few of his films, I have loved the movies that I have seen him in. Here are my favorites of his movie roles.

Dog Day Afternoon
This was one of his earliest roles where he plays Leon, the lover of Al Pacino's character. This is my favorite of all of his performances, and his scenes are some of the best in the movie. You can watch a video HERE

Fright Night
Even though (or because?) he plays a vampire in this movie, this is probably his sexiest film role. I love him as Jerry Dandrige! The part where he is leaving the club and he looks up at Charlie and smiles always makes me smile...



The Princess Bride
"I would not say such things if I were you!" Here is plays that "slimy weakling" Prince Humperdinck. He sure does make a great bad guy. Here is my favorite part with Sarandon, and one of my favorite quotes from the movie.



Child's Play
This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I remember that the VHS cover used to freak me out, so I had to turn it over. Here Sarandon plays a cop who is trying to solve a murder. He believes that it was done by a little boy, but eventually finds out it was done by a murderous doll. One of the best scenes of the movie is when Chucky attacks him in the car.



The Nightmare Before Christmas

Although Danny Elfman does Jack's singing voice, his speaking voice is done by Chris Sarandon. I love his speaking voice, so I think that he does a great job as this famous Tim Burton character.

No comments:

Post a Comment