Friday, August 19, 2011

Spotlight On: Juliette Lewis

This week's spotlight is on a woman who is not only one of my favorite actresses, but one of my favorite singers as well. I was so pissed when I didn't have enough money to go see her at El Corazon when I lived in Seattle! I'm just going to have to see her the next time she comes to Minneapolis. This will be my first spotlight where I am going to post about someone as an actress and a musician. I'm going to start with some of my favorite films featuring Juliette Lewis

Cape Fear
I have never seen the original Cape Fear, but there is no way that it could be creepier than Martin Scorsese's version. Even with all the violence done by Robert DeNiro's character in this film, the creepiest scene has to be the one with him and Juliette Lewis in the school. It is really unsettling because she is so sweet and innocent. This is the film that got Lewis an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress.



Natural Born Killers
Love this movie!!! Lewis and Woody Harrelson play Mickey and Mallory Knox, a Bonnie in Clyde type couple. After they kill her father, Mickey and Mallory set off on a crime spree. This film features Juliette as her most badass! I love every scene from this movie.



Strange Days

Strange Days is a really interesting sci-fi movie directed by Kathryn Bigelow that also stars Ralph Fiennes. It is worth seeing simply for the scene of Juliette singing PJ Harvey's Hardly Wait.


From Dusk Till Dawn
In From Dusk Till Dawn, Lewis plays a girl whose family has been taken hostage by two criminals and then brought to a bar that is full of vampires!!! I haven't seen this movie in forever, but I really want to watch it now! Here is what is probably Juliette's most memorable scene.



The Other Sister
This is a movie that my sister and I would watch whenever it was on TV. Juliette plays a mentally challenged girl who falls in love with a mentally challenged guy. It is a really cute movie.



Old School
Although she doesn't have a very big part in this movie, she is in one of the funniest scenes, where her boyfriend comes home to find her in the middle of a "gang bang." I'm pissed that I can't find a video of the scene!

Whip It!
I love this movie, and I love her in this movie! Juliette plays the villainous character who is on the rival roller derby team of the main character played by Ellen Page. I just love how she is such a bitch.



Upcoming: Lewis has some really cool looking movies coming up, including Open Road and Foreverland. She also stars in an upcoming TV show called The Firm.

Juliette was also the frontwoman of one of my favorite bands, Juliette and the Licks. After they broke up, she went solo and continues to make awesome music. Here are some of my favorite songs of hers.






No comments:

Post a Comment