Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Character of the Week: Lawrence Talbot

"Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright." This week's character of the week is Lawrence Talbot aka The Wolf Man. He was played by Lon Cheney Jr. in the classic Universal horror film and played by Benicio Del Toro in the 2009 remake. He is a man who, after getting bitten by a wolf, starts transforming into a werewolf.


I am a huge fan of werewolf movies, and The Wolf Man is one of my favorites from the classic Universal horror era. What makes Lawrence Talbot different from the other Universal monsters is that he doesn't mean to hurt anyone. Under the full moon he can't control his actions. So, he really isn't a bad guy. Since I loved the old one, I was really excited for the remake to come out. Although it isn't a perfect movie, I still really liked it. How could I not like a film that has Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, and Hugo Weaving?

No comments:

Post a Comment