Friday, June 17, 2011

Spotlight On: Michael Fassbender

This week's spotlight is on one of my new favorite actors, Michael Fassbender. I have only seen a handful of his films, so I was going to wait to do this until I saw more, but I really didn't want to wait. I just love the variety of roles that he has played, and how he is such a versatile actor. He is also incredibly handsome, and has one of the best smiles. Here are some of the films that I have adored him in.

300
In 300, Fassbender plays Stelios, who is one of the best looking Spartans and also has some of the coolest lines in the whole movie. Him and Astinos provide some of the film's comic relief because they are always competing with eachother. I couldn't find a good video to embed, but you can watch one of his more memorable scenes HERE 

Angel
In Angel, Fassbender plays Esme, a womanizing artist who marries the title character, who is portrayed by the lovely Romola Garai. He is incredibly sexy in this film, but also quite sad. Unfortunately, there is no happy ending for poor Esme. My favorite scene is when Angel proposes to him, but I couldn't find a video. However, here is another really good scene.



Fish Tank
In Fish Tank, he plays Connor, a guy who moves in with the main character because he starts dating her mom. He starts out seeming like a really nice guy, but by the end of the movie you see that he is a real shit.


Inglourious Basterds
Here he plays Archie Hicox, a film critic turned Lieutenant, who poses as a German soldier in Operation Kino. He is in one of the best scenes in the whole movie, when they are down in the bar and the plan goes wrong. The look on his face when he realizes that hes been found out is one of my all-time favorite reaction shots. Here is another good scene.



Jane Eyre
Michael Fassbender has probably ruined all other Mr. Rochesters for me. I few days ago and older version of Jane Eyre was on TV, and although I liked who played Jane, I hated the Mr. Rochester!!! In actuality, the man on TV was much more suited to the role because Rochester isn't supposed to be handsome, but it just really made me want to watch this version again. Unfortunately, it doesn't come out on DVD until August!



X-Men: First Class
Loved this movie!!!! They couldn't have cast a better Magneto. I really just want the people at Marvel to start working on the follow-up. Right now.



Upcoming Projects:
He has some really cool-looking movies coming out in the next couple of years. The ones that I am really excited for are Shame with Carey Mulligan, A Dangerous Method with Keira Knightley, and Prometheus with Noomi Rapace and Charlize Theron.

And just because I like listening to him speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment