Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Review: Bridesmaids

This movie was funny as hell!!! I saw this last night with my mom, and we were both pretty much pissing ourselves over this movie. It has absolutely hilarious performances from Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, and Maya Rudolph as the bride to be. Rose Byrne is great as the antagonist to Wiig's protagonist, and is spending the whole movie trying to steal her best friend. There wasn't a single scene in this movie that didn't have me laughing my ass off or screaming out in disgust (while also laughing). I just love Kristen Wiig! I've always loved her on SNL, and she was hilarious in films like Knocked Up and Paul. It is awesome to see her get her own movie, and especially one as great as this. I also have to give props to Melissa McCarthy, who I have always loved as cheery Sookie St. James on Gilmore Girls, who gives an absolutely fearless performance here. Who knew the chef of the Dragonfly Inn was so hilarious? I also loved the scenes with Wiig and Chris O'Dowd who plays her love interest. I thought the two of them were just cute together. Jon Hamm was also great as her douchebag fuckbuddy. My one complaint is that I wish Ellie Kemper and Wendi McLendon-Covey had more scenes because they were both hilarious too in what scenes they had. Anyways, this is definitely a movie to see with all of your girlfriends, or just anybody and everybody. Kristen Wiig's penis impression alone is worth the press of admission. My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment