Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Review: X-Men First Class

For starters, let me congratulate/ thank whoever casted this movie. I can not think of two better people to play Professor X and Magneto than James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. Those two were perfect in this movie, and not just because they are both extremely good looking men. The rest of the cast was amazing too. I really liked Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and regardless of what I said in an earlier blog post, she does look really cool when she's all blue. I thought that this movie was funny, had some awesome action sequences, and was overall just a perfect example of how superhero films should be. I was pleased to see cameos by both Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn. Romijn is actually in one of my favorite scenes in the movie, where Mystique and Magneto are talking in his bedroom. (I thought it was pretty sexy...) This is a movie that makes me really excited to see the sequel. My one disappointment was that they (spoiler alert!) killed off Darwin right away. I mean, sure, he has more of a defensive mutation and not an offensive one so he wouldn't do very good in fight scenes, but I still think that he is a cool character. Oh, well... My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment