Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Character of the Week: Frankenstein's Monster

This week's character of the week is from one of my all time favorite stories, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Even though he is remembered as this big scary monster, I've always found Frankenstein's monster to be a much more sympathetic creature. After being born he is neglected by his father and left to fend for himself in a world that he doesn't understand. There is a scene from the first Universal Frankenstein film that I think showcases it perfectly. It isn't from the novel, but is one of the best scenes in the film.



My favorite Frankenstein film is actually the sequel, Bride of Frankenstein. My favorite scene is when the creature is talking to Dr. Pretorius. In the video below, it starts at about 7:54.

No comments:

Post a Comment