Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just Finished Reading: The Strain

I got this book for Christmas and I finally got around to reading it. I have read a lot of vampire novels, and I must say that this one was pretty cool. I would expect nothing less from Guillermo Del Toro who has made some amazing films, including his vampire film Cronos. In this book, which he wrote with Chuck Hogan, a plane lands and all of the passengers aboard are mysteriously found dead. It turns out that they have all been turned into vampires, so their corpses escape and wreak havoc in the city of New York. These vampires have white blood and these gross stingers that come out from under their tongue. Overall, they sound pretty gross. The Strain is almost 600 pages, but it is a pretty easy read. It is a really interesting story, and I am super excited to read the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment