Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Favorite Movie Kisses

In honor of tomorrow being Valentine's Day, I am making a list of my favorite movie kisses. I have never been a huge fan of romance films, but these are the kisses that left an impression on me.

The Kiss (1896)

The one that started it all....this is the first kiss ever put on film.



The Gold Rush (1925)
I saw this movie for the first time a few days ago, and I thought that this was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I'm pissed because the only version of The Gold Rush that I could find on Youtube was the reissue where this end scene was cut out. Since you can't watch it I will try to describe it for you. Charlie Chaplin's character has just become a multi-millionaire and this group of journalists are writing a story on him. While on the ship, he sees his love Georgia and they decide to put her in a picture they take of him. So they stand them next to eachother with their faces really close together, but before they take the photo, he leans in and kisses her.

Gone With the Wind (1939)

It is the kiss that convinces Scarlett to marry Rhett. I just love it because she is spending the whole scene laughing at his marriage proposal, but as soon as he kisses her shes like, "okay..." You'll find better videos of this one Youtube, but this is the only one that I could find that I could embed.




Notorious (1946)
I love this one because it's sneaky...The Production Code at the time said that kisses could be no longer than three seconds, so instead of having a really long kiss, they had a bunch of little ones.



From Here to Eternity (1953)
I'm not going to lie...I have never actually seen this entire movie. I have seen this kiss several times on other movies and always thought that it was a really nice kiss...




On the Waterfront (1954)
This is probably the sexiest kiss on my list and not just because it has the beautiful Marlon Brando. I love it because the music swells up in the scene, but as soon as he kisses her it just stops and all you hear is their breathing....



Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

This is such a good movie! I love Audrey Hepburn, and this is probably my favorite romance film. I love this kissing scene because its when she realizes that she loves him, it is in the rain, and they have her pet cat between them. It is just a really good scene.



The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Even though she said that she'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee as kiss Han Solo, this is the moment when Leia finally gives in to his charms.




Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Not the most romantic kiss in the world, but it is still quite memorable...



Moulin Rouge (2001)
I love this movie so much!!! It came out when I was 11 and I was in love with Ewan McGregor and thought that this was the greatest movie of all time. My favorite part was always when they sang the Elephant Love Medley and then kissed after it was over...



Spiderman (2002)
This is definitely one of the most creative kisses I've seen on film, and I just love it!



Wall-E (2008)
CUTE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment