Friday, December 31, 2010

My Review: Tron Legacy

WOWSERS! This movie was so cool looking! Since the whole 3D craze began this is only the fourth movie I've seen in 3D. I've also seen The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, and Alice in Wonderland in 3D. I never really saw the point of paying so much more extra, but with Tron Legacy I wouldn't have had it any other way. This movie was meant to be seen in 3D! It just looked so amazing! I was sitting there in awe the whole time, especially during the whole Light Cycle scene...I mean WOW! While the original Tron is a lot better storywise, this movie definitely kicks major ass in the special effects department.
So...Tron Legacy takes place around 27 years after the original Tron, and has sexy Garrett Hedlund playing Sam Flynn, Jeff Bridges character's son. While looking through his dad's hidden office, he finds himself sucked inside this digital world just like his dad. Once inside, he ends up forced to play "games" and ends up finding who he believes to be his dad, but ends up actually being his dad's program Klu. The Jeff Bridges de-aging thing actually looks pretty good too. I mean, you can totally tell that its CGI, especially around the mouth, but it looks good enough not to distract from the story. Eventually, he does find his dad who is in hiding because Klu is looking for his disc, and the rest of the movie is Sam trying to get his dad and this "miracle" chick Quorra to the portal so they can get back to the normal world. This movie isn't going to win any Oscars for writing or anything like that, but it is very entertaining and quite stunning to look at. My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment