Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Most Anticipated Movies for 2011

Today is the first day of December, which means that the end of 2010 is approaching. There are lots of really cool-looking movies coming out in 2011, and here are the ones that I am the most excited for....

JANUARY:

The Green Hornet comes out on January 14th. I had a hard time picturing Seth Rogan as a superhero, but after seeing the trailer this movie actually looks pretty good. Plus, Christoph Waltz is the villian, and we know from Inglourious Basterds that he makes an excellent bad guy...



I adore Guillermo del Toro movies, and while he did not direct this, he wrote the screenplay, so it should be amazing. Plus, both times I watched the trailer, it scared the hell out of me and actually made me scream. The first time I saw it was on Youtube, but the second time was in the theater and I actually covered my eyes like a five year old because I knew what was coming....and I still screamed...



FEBRUARY:
Interestingly, there are no movies coming out in February that I really want to see...

MARCH:
This movie actually looks really good. I thought that it was just going to be another British romance movie like Pride and Prejudice, but there are parts in the trailer that look sort of creepy. Plus, I think that Michael Fassbender (from 300 and Inglourious Basterds) is quite handsome...



Red Riding Hood definitely gets my vote for the coolest looking poster of all the 2011 movies. I was actually excited for this movie since I first read that it was being made. I'm a sucker for werewolf movies (though nothing will ever beat An American Werewolf in London), and I've always liked the Little Red Riding Hood story. Plus, this movie has a great cast with Amanda Seyfried, Gary Oldman, Julie Christie, and Virginia Madsen. I'll forgive the "director of Twilight" thing at the top of the poster because I've like Catherine Hardwicke's other movies.



YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! Anyone who has ever seen my blog before should know that I am extremely excited for this movie. I am totally gonna shell out $20 or how ever much it costs to go see this movie in IMAX! If I was only allowed to see one movie for the entire year of 2011, I would definitely choose to see Sucker Punch!!! March 25th, 2011: I've had that date written in my planner for months! If you have never heard of this movie, watch the trailer! Watch the trailer NOW!



APRIL:
Rainn Wilson as a superhero? YES PLEASE! I thought that this movie was going to be straight up comedy, but I've seen clips of this movie, and its kind of like Kiss Ass. By that I mean that it combines comedy with ultraviolence. I thought that this movie sounded cool when I was first reading about it because it has people I really love like Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Michael Rooker, and Nathan Fillion (yes!), but after seeing this clip, my mouth literally dropped open after he hit the guy in the face. I was quite shocked....this movie looks AWESOME!



What a great cast! Danny McBride, James Franco, Natalie Portman, AND Zooey Deschanel. To be honest, this movie looks kind of rediculous, but I'm totally going to go see it anyway. From the trailer it looks pretty funny, and I'll pretty much see anything with James Franco in it.... WARNING: This is the red band trailer...





At first I thought that making a 4th Scream movie was a really dumb idea because Scream 3 was kind of shitty, but now I'm pretty excited for this movie. The ghostface mask has been parodied so many times, and has been worn by every single kid on Halloween, so I'm curious if it can still be scary.



MAY:
This is the first of the Marvel Studios movies coming out in 2011 that lead up to The Avengers movie coming out in 2012. I'm not really sure what to think of this movie after seeing the trailer, but I still plan on seeing it because I like Natalie Portman and I think that Chris Hemsworth will make a good Thor.



In my opinion, the Pirates of the Carribean movies kept getting worse and worse, but perhaps this one will be better... Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner won't be in this one, but are being replaced by Ian McShane as Blackbeard (excellent choice), and Penelope Cruz as Blackbeard's daughter Angelica. I was really suprised when I heard that Penelope Cruz was going to be in this movie, but I bet she'll make a good swashbuckler...



I really liked The Hangover, so I'm super excited about its sequel that comes out on May 26th. Apparently in this movie the four guys are heading to Thailand for Stu's wedding. I also read that there will be a cameo by Liam Neeson, which should be interesting....

JUNE:

X-Men: First Class comes out on June 3rd, and I haven't seen any pictures from it yet, nor do I believe that there is a trailer. This movie is about Professor X (played by James McAvoy) and Magneto (played by Michael Fassbender) in their younger years. I think that the casting for the two main characters is perfect, and I am really excited to see the trailer for this movie whenever it comes out....

Here's the second of the 2011 Marvel Studios movies. I don't really know all that much about The Green Lantern, but after watching the trailer I have to say that this movie looks pretty cool!




JULY:

Captain America is the third and final Marvel Studios film to come out before the big Avengers movie that comes out in 2012. Some people don't like the idea that Chris Evans is both The Human Torch and Captain America, but I was not a big fan of the Fantastic Four movies, so I think that he'll be better as Captain America.

OMG!!! This movie is going to be fucking fantastic!!! Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford as cowboys that have to fight aliens that land on Earth??? I don't know who the fuck thought of that but I'm really glad that they did....I just love it because at first it seems like some normal western and then all of a sudden this giant ass spaceship comes out of nowhere...BRILLIANT!




There you have it...now you can see where my money will be going in 2011....

No comments:

Post a Comment