Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Review: Thor

Thor is the superhero that I probably know the least about, so I wasn't really sure what to expect with this film. I just knew that it had a decent cast, and I was curious as to how Kenneth Branagh would do directing a superhero film. This movie turned out to be really cool! Like I said, the cast was cool with Chris Hemsworth as Thor, who I had only seen in Star Trek before this. I must say that he is fiiiiiiine!!!! There's also Anthony Hopkins as Odin (perfect!), Natalie Portman as Jane, and other actors including Stellan Skarsgard and Idris Elba. When watching the movie I wasn't quite sure if it was Elba or not, but when they had the end credits I was proved right! I thought that he was great as the gatekeeper, guardian guy. Anyways, this movie had great special effects, and was surprisingly funny at parts. I loved how there were little references to the upcoming Avengers film. For starters, there was a cameo by Jeremy Renner, who will be playing Hawkeye and there was, of course, a mention of Mr. Stark by the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. Frankly, I'm surprised that you didn't see Nick Fury anywhere. Avengers is going to be so cool!!!! The one thing that bothered me a little is how fast Thor and Jane fell in love. It was pretty much like "you're hot" "you're pretty" "I love you!" Speaking of Jane, I swear Natalie Portman is in everything!!! This was the fifth movie with her that I have seen this year alone!!! This follows Black Swan, No Strings Attached, Your Highness, and Hesher. So far I have liked all of them except for Your Highness. I am really curious about how Thor will match up with the rest of the supers in the Avengers movie, but I'm sure that it will be cool. My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment