Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just Finished Reading: My Troubles With Women

I saw Terry Zwigoff's documentary about Robert Crumb a few years ago, and since then I've been really curious to read some of Crumb's comics. I chose this one because I thought that it looked the most interesting. It really was. This collection of comics is funny and creepy and kind of sad, and I loved reading it. I just love how he is so aware of how much of a creep he is. From the documentary, Crumb seemed like such an interesting guy, and its neat reading something of his, especially more autobiographical comics, which is what these are. There are even a few comics in this that are done by both him and his wife. My one complaint is that they have such different drawing styles, so it looks kind of strange. My favorite one in here is probably the one where he talks about how girls would let him play footsy with them when he was 13.  

No comments:

Post a Comment