Monday, May 30, 2011

Just Finished Reading: The Island of Dr. Moreau

If you are a lover of science fiction, like I am, then you will love this book! I actually saw the 1930s version of this movie a long time ago, and I loved it, so I really wanted to read this book. It is a lot different than the movie, but is still really good. It is about a man who arrives on this island which is run by a scientist named Dr. Moreau. The island is inhabited by Moreau's creations, which are Beast Men. They are animals who Dr. Moreau added human charictaristics to. They can walk and talk, and while they aren't very bright, they still follow the Laws, which state that they can't walk on all fours or eat animal flesh. It is an amazing example of biological fiction, which is my favorite subgenre of science fiction. H.G. Wells was such a genius and is an example of an author whose works of science fiction became science fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment