Friday, March 11, 2011

Spotlight On: Beck

This week's spotlight is on Beck, who is one of my all-time favorite musicians. Every album he puts out is completely different from the rest of them, but they are all absolutely brilliant in their own way. I moved to Seattle in the fall of 2008 and a few months before moving there I saw that he was going to play Bumbershoot, so of course I bought tickets. Bumbershoot was actually the weekend after I moved there and I had no idea where I was going in Seattle and was all by myself. I ended up waiting in line for around three hours so that I could be in the front to see Beck. That was just the line to get into the mainstage. I also had to wait how every many hours for the opening band to play, watch them, and then wait for Beck to come out. And you know what? It was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! Here are some of my favorite Beck songs.



Stereopathetic Soulmanure



One Foot In The Grave



Mellow Gold






Odelay








Mutations



Midnight Vultures




Sea Change




Guero




The Information






Modern Guilt










I basically love all of Beck's songs, but these are just the ones that stuck out to me at this particular moment in time. If you asked me tomorrow what my 25 favorite Beck songs were, I would probably tell you something different. He has such a great tone to his voice, and he is a very interesting songwriter. He actually wrote a bunch of the songs in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, which is one of my favorite movies from last year.





I actually had no idea that he wrote these songs until I saw his name in the end credits. It just made the movie that much cooler...

No comments:

Post a Comment