Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Character of the Week: Lydia Deetz

A few weeks ago my character of the week was Wednesday Addams, so I guess you could say that I have a thing for little goth girls. They don't come any more goth than Lydia Deetz from Tim Burton's Beetlejuice. Having just moved with her family from New York to a house in Connecticut, she is the only one who can see the ghost couple living in the house. The reason why she is the only one who can see them is simple...she is strage and unusual.




I've always loved this movie, and besides the title character of course, Lydia was always my favorite character. She is also one of Winona Ryder's best roles along with her roles in Edward Scissorhands, Heathers, and Girl Interrupted. She also says one of my all-time favorite movie quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment