Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just Finished Reading: Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus 1818 text

I just finished rereading this book for my Women Writers class. We had to write a literary analysis on a novel of our choice, so of course I chose Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. This is one of my absolute favorite stories, and I never get tired of reading this book. It has fantastic elements of science fiction and horror, but is also quite beautiful and heartbreaking. In my literary analysis I wrote about the themes of love, revenge, and the consequences of trying to play god. It was actually pretty easy for me to write and I ended up writing a lot more than I needed to. Well, to be fair, she said that it had to be five pages, but she didn't say that it had to be double spaced. So, I have five pages of single spaced, which is way longer than it needed to be but, whatever, I think that I wrote a good literary analysis.
I am somewhat obsessed with the Frankenstein story. I love the story of how it first came to existance with Percy Shelley and Lord Byron telling horror stories with Mary Shelley. I have loved most of the film adaptions that I have seen (my favorite being Bride of Frankenstein,) and I am super excited for the new adaption being made by Guillermo del Toro with Doug Jones as the creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment