Friday, January 27, 2012

My Review: Haywire

Why do female action heroes always have to be super serious? There really aren't that many female action stars (it is basically just Angelina Jolie, Milla Jovovich and Kate Beckinsale) and when we see female action heroes, they never get to be funny or charming like James Bond. That is plainly shown in Haywire. Gina Carano is a badass in this movie. She is kicking ass and taking names but is just super serious throughout. I really just want to see a movie with a female action star who can kick some serious ass but still smile and make jokes and have cool dialogue. Female action heroes get really lame dialogue, or they just don't speak at all like Miho in Sin City and Etain in Centurion. So anyway....movie review. I thought that this movie was okay. I really didn't think that it was all that memorable. I ended up not really caring about the plot at all and was just waiting for the fight scenes, which were the best parts of the movie. I thought that all of the supporting cast members were really underused. With the exception of the main character Mallory, you hardly saw any of the characters. I really don't understand why this movie needed so many bad guys. I hate to say it but I really didn't see why we needed Michael Fassbender's character. He was barely in the movie and it was a total waste of a good actor. Michael Douglas' and Antonio Banderas' characters also seemed pretty unimpotant. The movie was really only worth seeing for the awesome fight scenes. She kicks the shit out of some really good looking guys! (Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, AND Ewan McGregor....DAMN!) The fight with Fassbender in the hotel room was probably the sexiest man/woman fight scene since Mr. and Mrs. Smith....If I were you I would wait for the DVD and skip past all the boring parts. My rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment