Saturday, January 28, 2012

Best Picture Nominee #2: Midnight in Paris


I just got done watching this movie and I loved it!!! It is definitely on my list of my favorite Woody Allen films now along with Annie Hall, The Purple Rose of Cairo and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. In my Sexuality and Culture class we watched this documentary about these "sin cities" and one part was about Paris in the 20s, so it was really cool to see all of these people portrayed in this movie. It really made me want to learn even more about this era in Paris. I remember thinking that Josephine Baker was really interesting so it was cool to see her for a tidbit. I also loved Allison Pill and Tom Hiddleston as the Fitzgeralds, and the guy who played Hemingway. Plus Adrien Brody was great as Salvador Dali. This was just a really funny and interesting movie about how we all look back at different eras and think that they are better than our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment