Friday, July 8, 2011

Just Finished Reading: (catch-up edition)

The internet here wasn't working for a few weeks, which totally sucked. Thank the lord, however, because it magically started working again today. In the time that the internet has been broken I have read three different books. Instead of writing three separate blog posts about each different book, I have decided to combine them all into one big one, so here we go...

Pride and Prejudice

This is my second Austen book that I have read, but unlike Emma, I already knew pretty much everything that was going to happen. I have seen both the 1940 and the 2007 film versions of this novel, and really liked both of them. The book was definitely worth the read, however. I never thought that I would be a Jane Austen fan, but reading this and Emma really make me want to read her other novels.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
I actually bought this book for my little sisters for Christmas, but neither of them have read it yet. I decided to have a crack at it because its a book that I've always wanted to read. I ended up reading it all in one day (which is something that I never do.) What I love about this particular book is that it has really cool illustrations by Camille Rose Garcia. Every single one of her illustrations in the book is just awesome.

Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn

I've actually had this book since I was in high school, but never read it until now. It was a really interesting read, and it was cool reading about how she lived through a war and how she got started in show business. The entire time I was reading this it made me really want to watch Roman Holiday, Sabrina, and Breakfast at Tiffany's (because those are the movies of hers that I own...) and made me really want to rent The Children's Hour. One thing that did kind of bug me was that the author seemed to go on tangents about other actors, like Ingrid Bergman and Grace Kelly. I really like them, but I'm reading this to learn about Audrey, not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment