Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Review: Your Highness

I went to see this yesterday for my birthday (21!!!) and I have mixed feelings about this movie. While I loved the cast and thought they all had good performances, I wasn't impressed by the overall movie. Danny McBride plays a prince named Thadeous, who is jealous of his older brother Fabious, who is played by James Franco, because he gets all of the attention around the kingdom. When Fabious's bride-to-be Belladonna, played by Zooey Deschanel, gets kidnapped by an evil wizard, Thadeous goes on a quest with his brother to get her back. On the way they meet a warrior woman named Isabel, played by Natalie Portman, who is also planning on killing the wizard. I think that this film is definitely marketed towards male audiences with all of its naked girls and dick jokes. While there were moments that I thought were funny, if I went my whole life without seeing this movie, I would have been fine. Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel are pretty much just eye candy in this movie, and aren't really given chances to be funny. Danny McBride gets laughs simply by swearing a lot, and James Franco has his funny moments. The funniest parts of this movie are with Justin Theroux as the evil wizard Leezar. They uglify the normally very good-looking Theroux with gross baby teeth looking dentures and a grey wig, and Leezar definitely has the best lines of the movie. "If your vagina is anything like my hand, there should be no problem." A part that really made me laugh was when he was pretending to be Fabious to trick Belladonna, and then starts laughing and stops because "its too mean." My rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment