Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just Finished Reading: The Invisible Man

Many works by H.G. Wells have been turned into films, and The Invisible Man has always been my favorite. The Invisible Man is my fourth favorite film from the classic Universal horror films (following Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, and the Wolf Man,) so while reading this I kept hearing Claude Rains' voice whenever the Invisible Man would speak. I knew that I would like this book because I really love the story, and I loved it even more because Una O'Connor wasn't in it... Seriously, why did James Whale insist on putting her both Bride of Frankenstein and The Invisible Man? She was the most annoying actress ever!! Anyways, I think that this was a good choice for my first H.G. Wells book. I also intend on reading War of the Worlds and The Island of Dr. Moreau.

No comments:

Post a Comment