Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lisbeth Salander finally cast!

I've been waiting and waiting to see who will be cast as Lisbeth Salander in the American film version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Apparently this was a very coveted role that attracted such famous actresses as Ellen Page, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johannson, Natalie Portman, and Kristen Stewart. I found out via Twitter yesterday that director David Fincher decided to cast relatively unknown actress Rooney Mara as the Swedish computer hacker. I have only seen her in the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street, so I will wait until seeing Fincher's upcoming movie The Social Network to decide whether or not she is absolutely terrible for the role. I love love love the book, so I have to admit that I would have been disappointed with whoever they chose to play Lisbeth, but based on looks alone shes not a horrible choice. Keira, Scarlett, Natalie, and Emily Browning are too pretty too play her, and Ellen Page, Mia Wasikowska, and Carey Mulligan are too cutsie, so I would never take them seriously. As for the rest of the confirmed cast, I'm happy with Daniel Craig as Blomkvist and Stellan Skarsgard as Martin Vagner, and I'm REALLY happy with Robin Wright as Erika Berger. So if Rooney Mara is terrible, at least the rest of the cast will be good....

No comments:

Post a Comment