Monday, November 22, 2010

My Review: Due Date

This movie kind of disappointed me. I've really liked all of Todd Phillips's past movies, but this one was just not as funny as the rest of them. Zach Galifianakis is pretty much playing the exact same character that he plays in The Hangover, but I guess that character works better in a larger group of people. It was interesting putting him with Robert Downey Jr because they aren't really people who I would have picked to be in a movie together. There weren't really all that many parts in this movie that made me laugh, but there were quite a few "what the fuck" moments for me. When Robert Downey Jr. straight up punches a kid in the stomach, my jaw just dropped and I could not believe it. I was like, "and this guy's about to have a baby?" Other moments were when Zach's character was masterbating in the car because apparently thats "how he falls asleep," when he shoots Robert Downey Jr. in the leg, and when he starts crying in the bathroom. I guess that was supposed to be a touching moment or something, but I just felt really uncomfortable watching that. A good majority of this movie was pretty weird to watch. The only part of this movie that I can think of where I actually laughed was the part that was in the trailer where they drove over the drainage ditches that made Galifianakis fly up in the air. That was pretty funny I guess. What was probably my favorite part of this movie was the very beginning. Robert Downey Jr. is laying on his side, looking at the camera, and talking about a dream he had. I just love this part because not only is he a very handsome man, but he also has the sexiest brown eyes ever!!! My rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment